Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Bombed The Big Balls


What an awesome day it was today for Purl Gurl -J aka Knitting Ninja. So here is my story.
So I knew I would have a bit of a wait. So I filled my time with chatting with fellow WipeOuters and Knitting I had decided I would do a small Yarn Bomb while I waited. I had some left over lady bugs from my first bomb so I decided to would knit some leaves. Once I was doing this I put it all together and attached it to a log which was part of our tent structure. Once I was called I went out to the waiting tent and did some more waiting. They wanted me to run last. I was happy to be the last. The reason being is they had planned on putting the cozy on the 4th Big Ball. As I walked up to the top of the hill to get ready to run the course I could see them bringing the Cozy up to the platform for the rope swing. OMG this is really going to happen I am gonna have my Cozy on the Big Balls. One of the crew leap over to the Big Ball and then the other guy threw it over to him. As the Cozy covered the Ball I could feel my eyes begining to well up. What a thrill for me. Shortly after that I heard the horn and off I went.......now the rest of the story you will have to see when my Episode Airs in spring of 2011.
But enjoy the pictures that I do have to show for an awsome day. Enjoy!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How perfect is that! So happy for you! Can't wait to see the episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I didn't realize what you were talking about when you referred to Wipe Out, but seeing those balls has made it clear. YOU ROCK! I can't believe you are getting to do this, and that you knit that huge thing...that takes it all to a whole new level....have you sent a link of your site and that photo to the women who wrote the yarnbombing book? You should! www.yarnbombing.com

    Fantastic. Just plain old, get the whiskey out, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO fantastic - what a bomb!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete